Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A FRESH PERSPECTIVE




There are so many times in life when you seem to be coming up against a wall. NO matter where you go,  or however you try to do things differently; you end up hitting the same wall over and over again. The wall really being a metaphor for a disappointment or a set-back. 

When you are down in the dumps, or in a situation, where you think everything is hopeless; what you really need is a moment to get a fresh perspective on things, You don’t need an enlightened person to give you a fresh perspective on things, you can learn from everyone and everything around you,  what you need is to keep your eyes open and absorb

      Now, a lot of people are uncomfortable in speaking to absolute strangers and asking them for a perspective on things, but it is important for us to always remember that two people who see the same thing… can interpret two completely different things.  So, while a problem or a situation may seem insurmountable to one person, another  may  look at it as an opportunity to learn something from the situation. It is this “fresh” perspective that is going to help you bring down the wall you keep hitting.

     I am driven by two main philosophies. Know more about the world today than I knew yesterday and lessen the sufferings of others. 
    You will be surprised how far that gets you. Help somebody if you can, even if it means going out of your way to do it.  The smile that would bring on the person’s face would be worth more than what you’d be doing otherwise, not to forget an opportunity for you to learn and grow.

     Having lived away from the city has given me a different view on life, I think it has not made me as bitter as other people my age who have grown up in the city.  It allows me to be open to people and more accepting. I would not venture any further to comment on its virtues or vices,  but would only go as far  as to say it has been an important factor in shaping me into the person I have become.




I’ve learned.. that just one person saying “You’ve made my day!!” actually makes my day…
I’ve learned… That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
I’ve learned… That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
I’ve learned… That under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.



I’ve learned… That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I’ve learned… That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I’ve learned… That love, not time, heals all wounds.
I’ve learned… That I can’t choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

I’ve learned… That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
I’ve learned… That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.

2 comments:

  1. and I have learned that you are getting on the track of being a good writer... well done.. keep it up
    what I like is the whole approach towards something so simple and regular.. tats the sign of a good writer bro..

    proud of you
    love you tons!!

    mwuah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts aftab
    i know you pratice what you preach,happy to have you as my friend or do i say its my previlage to have you as my friend.
    thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete