Sunday, July 22, 2012

Life's Uncertanties.. A Goofy Sunday!!


I am proud of who I am today. I may not be perfect, but I don’t need to be. Take me as I am or watch me as I walk away...

Everyone faces times in life where you've hit the bottom.. And the only way left to go is now up... When two individuals who are at somewhat similar situations in their life come together.. There are two ways they can go.. One is to cry about it and share their sorrow.. And another is to go out together and celebrate the good things in life..

This is the story of a coffee on a boring Sunday afternoon, which ended in a road trip.. Just what the doctor ordered for my injured soul..

The weekend was the usual.. Went to get my car serviced.. Once I was done, I called my good friend to meet her for coffee, and what transpired that Sunday afternoon, just lifted our spirits.. And both of us came back happier.

So here goes the story of the Sunday afternoon that made me feel so much better:

We met for coffee at Aroma, a cozy little cafe in Pradhikaran.. We were both in Mumbai the week before and had planned to meet at our fav place " Marine Drive" or MD as we prefer to call it, but with the two of us plans never materialise.. It has to be spontaneous.. And this spontaniety gives us memories that we keep close. So here we were, meeting for coffee, sharing how our lives had shaped up.. The weather outside was cloudy, with a hint of a drizzle, perfect for a drive..

I proposed we go for a drive, and she agreed. We left for Lonavla with a slight drizzle for company.. We both had huge emotional baggage we were dealing with, and nothing better than Hindi Oldies to share our stories over.. We were doing just that, and I was busy making light of the situation.. By singing in my horrible voice, Crooning to her and asking her to be mine!! (This has become our private joke.. I always ask her out, and she always sweetly tells me that we won't work out!!)

We reached lonavla and went to Tiger Valley.. There was some rain there, and we enjoyed the rain while looking at the beauty of nature.. Lush green hills, slight fog, the twisting roads of the ghaats, the railway line.. All that made for a beautiful setting, where we sat for a while, just taking in the beauty of the place we were in...

After a while, which seemed like forever to me,(as I was lost in her beautiful face flecked with raindrops) we left for Nigdi again. I asked her if she had a good time, and she said she still was having a good time.. It was not over yet.. On the drive back, I was back to the entertainment routine.. Singing to her in a woman's voice.. "Chanda hai tu.. Mera sooraj hai tu" and we were merrily giggling away like two  schoolgirls..

We reached Aroma again for a cuppa and some sandwitches, and the sharing continued.. It was a good heart-to-heart and both of us came out of it feeling lighter, better and happier.. Soon it was time to go our separate ways, we parted, happy about the wonderful time spent, feeling lighter and full of hope, Hope to  have many such spontaneous adventures!!

Cheers to many such wonderful times ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I can just picture Aftab's kooky singing! :P Sounds amazing you two.. :)

    ReplyDelete